Thursday, October 7, 2010

Trust

My youngest grandson when I am watching him for his Dad likes to crawl up beside me on the couch and take his afternoon nap. Now I tend to get criticism from his Dad and aunt in that I should insist that he lay down on a bed so as to get uninterrupted sleep. They tell me I am spoiling him and I might very well be. But you know I don't care if that is what they think.

For me it is about trust. All of my grandchildren when they were little would crawl up beside me or onto my lap to take a rest or nap and I felt blessed. Why Blessed?  Because I knew that they trusted me that they were not in a room alone and that hopefully knew I would never allow anything or one to harm them while they slept. Grandpa would keep the monsters at bey.

Trust to keep the monsters at bey I think has to be earned and yet our political parties Deni-gods  constantly keep reminding us how we can't trust the other side.

My email box daily is deluges with emails from the democrats telling me how we are headed to destruction if I don't send right now money so that they can respond to the republicans campaign of fear-mongering. On the radio and TV I am bombarded with ad's on how the democrats or leading the country to destruction.

One of my favourite quotes is

Every two years the American politics industry fills the airwaves with the most virulent, scurrilous, wall-to-wall character assassination of nearly every political practitioner in the country - and then declares itself puzzled that America has lost trust in its politicians.  ~Charles Krauthammer
It is exactly like he said how can they wonder about our lack of trust in them.

If they put as much effort in resolving this countries problems as they do in their almost endless campaign then maybe just maybe we would not be sinking into a third world status. A country driven by greed and fear.

Maybe it is time for a new constitutional amendment to limit congress to two four year terns in office and the senate and to one six year term in office. The ideal is to keep a office holder from deciding he owns that office and encourage more productive work since they are limited as to how long they can get legislation past.

Yet I know that this is rather naive ideal. That the base nature of man and of the nature of power to corrupt that what ever process is chosen the elite few will take it over for their own contrivance. I maybe pessimistic but this tends to be the way of the world.

Bottom line is this if the political parties want me to have  faith in them then they need to show me their works  and from that work faith and trust will come. For now I see is people afraid of being voted out of office for taking a stand or for acting on a just cause. Fear that it might keep them from obtain power, prestige and the money it attracts.

I would like to be like my grandchildren and have faith to allow them to watch over me while I sleep but they have not earned that right. Until they do I will look after my own self. and of the ones who the ones I love.

Liberalism is trust of the people tempered by prudence.  Conservatism is distrust of the people tempered by fear.  ~William E. Gladstone, 1866
Trust your own instinct.  Your mistakes might as well be your own, instead of someone else's.  ~Billy Wilder
Comment of TV shows

Isn't strange how one of the most conservative media station, Fox, produce some of the most unusual show.

Example of a couple of my favorite "Fringe" and the now defunct "X-files" along with "The Lone Gunmen" were shows that question authority and raised questions on media manipulation

The last two were and are still great TV but the recent replacement of the sci-fi thriller "Fringe" has become one of my favorites with reasonable good acting combined with fantastical if not controversial subject matter much like X-files did.

Also if you get a chance catch the series on AMC cable channel called "Rubicon". Based on the ideal of conspiracy theories and elite domination of our society it tends to make one think.

Also if you want just good entertainment then keep track of a few show on the cable channel Sci-Fi. shows such as "Haven", "Eureka" and "Warehouse 13" shows which I have become fans of.

Hopefully someday one of the independent cable channels will come up with some shows based on "Blade Runner" or "Johnny Menomic"
Until then at least there is something to watch on the boob tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment