Saturday, January 15, 2011

Just in passing

I was thinking about what to write about in this week blog and finally decided why have a theme this time why not just things in general.

First, I have had the opportunity of late to do how- to do articles and what more do I like than telling people what to do. After all I used to be an inspector and what more does a inspector does if it is telling people what to do. 

But I found that telling folks how to do is quite a bit different than telling people what to do.

As a inspector I would be required to tell someone his work was not in compliance. But as a how to do author I must tell them how to do it.  It is a different mindset.

Now don't get me wrong. When I was a young inspector I would often find myself inclined to tell someone how I appreciated them. Before I came to know them I didn't believe in abortion but now I see a purpose. Later as I grew older and would be meeting some of the children of the men I inspected as a youngster I found myself telling them they were prof that stupidity is genetic. For their father believed I would fall for some of the same things.

I also of late because of te cold weather found myself doing a lot of reading of magazines and books. The magazines vary from woodworking to Popular Mechanics magazine and so guess what comes in a PM issue dealing with "War On Privacy". You know that helps my love of conspiracy theories.

The newest issue of UNTE magazine deals with the destruction of the middle class in Great Britain and the US through the destruction of the Unions. Unlike the rest of Europe where Unions have significant power. It makes a interesting read.

Then there are the books I just started reading Alan Furst "Spies of Warsaw" and just got through reading Robert Greer "The Devil Hatband" these are just fun reads.

I also have been haunting Craig's list and pawn shops looking for replacement tool for my shop and looking for wood to do the project. Did you know that Rockler has Maple on sale for $4.59 a board foot. that is a good buy.

I am definitely looking forward to warmer weather where at least my little shop heater has a chance of keeping up. Meanwhile when the weather hits where my garage temps are in the 50's I have been going out and reworking the top of  the end table I had given up on. I think it may be saved.  A little time will tell.

TV sometimes surprises you with some good stuff and recently the show "The Cape" has done that. Llow budget maybe but really good acting and action scenes make it  really fun too watch much like the "The Human Target" all taken from either comic books or illustrated novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment